Notice for Preventing 2019 Novel Coronavirus from Spreading
Dear foreign experts, friends and related employers,
Happy Chinese New Year!
Recently, many areas have been affected by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) pneumonia. Chinese government has taken a series of rigorous measures to fully contain the spread of the epidemic. Thus, we propose the following proposals to all foreign experts work in Zhoushan and their employers:
1. Everyday preventive actions
Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov) is a coronavirus, which is identified as the cause of the respiratory disease outbreak in Wuhan, China, and can be transmitted from person to person. Please follow these instructions to protect yourself:
(1) Restrict activities outside your home and avoid group activities such as parties. If you have to go out, you must wear a face mask correctly;
(2) Open windows and ensure good ventilation at home, wash hands frequently and disinfect regularly;
(3) Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and/or cough;
(4) The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided;
(5) Monitor body temperature of yourself and family members.
2. What should you do if you feel unwell?
(1) Contact your employers or friends in China and tell them about your status;
(2) According to your condition, visit medical institutions nearby in time, and try to avoid taking bus and other means of public transportation;
(3) Tell doctors about your recent travels and living history especially in relation to epidemic-stricken areas, as well as the people in contact after the onset of the disease, and cooperate with doctors to carry out relevant investigations.
3. Keep yourself reachable via phone or email
Please keep the communication channels such as telephone or email unblocked during the epidemic. The employer shall pay attention to the physical health and schedules of foreign employees. It is suggested that foreign employees who are not in Zhoushan during the holidays may postpone their return.
4. About the extension of the Counter for Foreigner's Work and Residence Permit
According to the arrangement of superior departments, the service time of the Counter for Foreigner's Work and Residence Permit originally scheduled to open on January 31 Postponed until February 3. Specific matters is to be informed until further notice. For the applicants affected by this change, please contact desk receptionist to file for expedited service if necessary. We will arrange a green channel for urgent processing and coordinate with relevant departments.
5. Appointed hospitals for 2019-nCoV treatment
6. Zhoushan epidemic prevention and control contact number
Bureau of Science & Technology of Zhoushan Municipality
Zhoushan Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs
Jan 31, 2020