|致在舟外国专家的一封公开信 A Letter to Foreign Experts in Zhoushan|
A Letter to Foreign Experts in Zhoushan
Dear foreign friends in Zhoushan,
The Bureau of Science and Technology of Zhoushan and Zhoushan Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs give you our warm greetings and best regards.
At present, the pandemic is still wreaking havoc across the world, with sporadic cases and cluster outbreaks found in multiple localities in China. As the Chinese New Year approaches, rising flow of personnel has increased the risk of the spreading of COVID-19, posing a serious challenge to our prevention and control response. Efforts have been intensified to effectively contain the virus in the winter-spring period and during the new year holiday and to ensure a happy and healthy holiday for all.
Please read the following guidance:
1. Follow COVID-19 measures in Zhoushan and cooperate actively with the epidemic control efforts.
2. Take precautions including wear a mask, wash your hands often, increase ventilation, limit social gatherings, maintain physical distancing of one meter, and use “public chopsticks” and “public spoon”.
When entering public places, show your health code and have your temperature checked; monitor the health of you and your family. If you show fever, coughing, fatigue or other symptoms, put on a mask and go to the nearest fever clinic as soon as you can and provide the staff with the record of your activities and contact history in the past 14 days.
Family gatherings of no more than 10 people are encouraged. Take preventive actions and avoid going if you have symptoms such as influenza.
3. Large-scale events and gatheringsshould be curtailed unless necessary.Events such as meetings and gatherings should be held with a controlled number of people, and replace in-person meetings with video- or tele-conference calls whenever possible.For events of more than 50 people,anemergency response planshould be formulated, and the relevant epidemic control measures should be strictly followed.Blessing events with large gatherings such as the New Year celebration, incense offering or bell ringingwill not be held in anysites for religious activities and folk beliefs. Large social gatherings such as Spring Festival receptions, visits, galas and group dinners should not be held. If such event really needs to be held, there should be a strict control of the number and scale of the people, and anemergency response plan approved by the local prevention and control officeis required beforehand.
4. Refrain from leaving Zhoushan unless necessary. Avoid travelling to medium and high-risk areas and try to stay in Zhoushan during the holiday.
5. Do not participate in the live poultry trade and do not buy or eat wild animals. Buy frozen food from regular markets and supermarkets, and avoid direct contact with your hands when buying it. Use separate containers, knives and chopping boards for raw and ready-to-eat food. Foods need to be cooked thoroughly before eating. Personnel of imported articles storage, transportation, and handling should strictly follow anti-epidemic safety measures.
Bureau of Science & Technology of Zhoushan Municipality
Zhoushan Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs
January 28, 2021